Wednesday, April 6, 2011

He provides everything I need

This morning I woke up feeling low. Well, actually I was depressed. And probably I've been getting that way for a couple weeks now, but I just recognized it this morning. I am fairly prone to depression, and the winter months tend to bring it on. I haven't been disciplined in exercising the past couple weeks, and the sun has been quite shy. These two things are pretty good ingredients for depression, especially when they're combined. Now I know that I am very blessed. I have so much to be thankful for, and yet the depression comes. So this morning all I could think of was how much I wanted some sunshine. And of course when I looked out the window I saw not only clouds, but snow covering the plants that I had just planted yesterday. But, I serve a God who provides for my needs. And today I believe He saw that I couldn't handle much more rain. So He sent sunshine! Yes, shortly before lunch the clouds parted and the sun came out! It was a wonderful sight. I quickly fed the kids lunch and bundled them up for a walk. I knew that the sun might not stick around for long, and I needed to soak up as much as possible! We walked about 2 miles, then did some raking (yes, there was still some snow on the ground) before going inside for naptime. That sun (and the walk) did so much for my mood. All I needed was a little bit of sunshine, and God knew that. And He provided just what I needed, just when I needed it! Just another example of my God loving me!

1 comment:

  1. You know me I am overly positive most days and all this rain is KILLING ME! God is SO good to give us the things we need when we need them. Thanks for the post! I needed a reminder ;)

    ReplyDelete