Friday, February 25, 2011

Slumber Parties!

Something that I love doing with my kids is having slumber parties. The kind where we stay up late, eat snacks, watch movies, make crafts, play with flashlights in the dark, and just have fun. Ellie and I started having slumber parties just after she turned 2. It was a time that I could spend just with her, when most of my time was being consumed with her baby brother. We had our slumber parties about once every couple months (usually on a night when Daddy was working late or busy elsewhere). We often would make necklaces and paint our toenails at some point during the evening. Well, now Parker has begun to join us at our slumber parties. He's been to two of them, I believe. At this point he usually won't go to sleep when it's time, so he ends up in his own bed after lights out, while Ellie and I sleep on the hide-a-bed in the living room. We have had to change our slumber parties a little, to make them a little less girly. But they're still so much fun! The kids look forward to them, and so do I! Tonight we're having the first slumber party in a few months. I am hoping that Parker can stay with us through the night, but we'll see what happens when it's time to calm down and go to sleep. It's going to be a fun night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! We need to organize a slumber party together. Sean told me that Parker asked him to come over for a slumber party. :) That is SO cute. I love that Parker adores Sean. I'll help Parker out and set that social date up for them, because I know Sean has so much on his mind right now that he will forget to put something on the calendar... BUT, he has totally mentioned it to me, and he definitely wants to do it with the little guy!

    ReplyDelete