Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thankfulness

The past few days I've been feeling whiny. I really haven't felt like I should sit and write anything while I was feeling that way. But I've decided instead of avoiding this blog, I will attempt to list 10 things I'm thankful for. It will give me something positive to write about, and possibly even change my mood in the process. So here goes...


10 Things I'm Thankful For (not in any particular order):

1. The beautiful wildflowers we see and pick every day. Thanks to an extra rainy spring, they are extra beautiful this year.
2. That my kids get along (most of the time). While it often irritates me that they spend so much time at night giggling when they should be sleeping, it does mean that they enjoy each other's company. I know they love each other very much.
3. A wonderful, almost traffic-free place to run in the spring, summer, and fall (just too much snow and ice to run in the winter).
4. A healthy body that allows me to run, and to play with my kids.
5. A God who loves me and gives me a new start daily.
6. My husband, who loves me in spite of my crankiness, and who makes me proud every day.
7. My MOPS group, which has meant the world to me these past few years.
8. Friends who encourage me, challenge me, lift me up in prayer, support me, and love me.
9. The most comfy bed ever.
10. Living where there is lots of space outdoors for my kids to play.

Hey, I feel better already! It helps me so much to look at all the great things in life, rather than focusing on the things I wish I could change. I wish it came more naturally to me to see all that I have to be thankful for. But I'm challenged, knowing that the more often I practice this exercise, the more natural it will become. I think I'll try to make these "Thankfulness lists" a regular thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment